A Medical Advocate.com is for sale! If you are interested in obtaining this site, please contact me.
A Medical Advocate (also known as a Patient
Advocate) is like having your personal GPS system to help
you navigate the confusing, and sometimes dangerous,
medical world and ensure you receive the care and
resources you need ~ and deserve.
A Medical Advocate is someone who works for you, who
is on your side to help you better understand your medical condition, your
medications and treatment options. A medical advocate can make sure your
family is kept "in the loop" of your medical care and empowers you in making
informed medical decisions.
Why A Medical Advocate?
- Do you ever feel confused when you leave your
doctor's office about what he/she told you?
- What about those weird diagnoses? How are you supposed
to remember some long word you can't even pronounce? A Medical
Advocate knows the language and can translate all those strange terms for
you - into everyday English!s
- Does your doctor explain the reasons for putting you on certain
medications or treatments? Does she/he tell you the pros and cons of the
drug or therapy prescribed? A Medical Advocate helps you to make sure
the drug or therapy prescribed actually addresses your health concerns.
- What about your medications ~ Do each of
your healthcare providers know ALL the medications, vitamins, herbal remedies, and supplements you are taking? This is possibly the single reason many people end up over medicated! A Medical Advocate works with you to create a master list and make sure all your providers have a copy.
- Have you had dizziness or other symptoms since you began taking a new medication? Oftentimes, a drug you are taking could be a culprit for the symptoms you started having!
- Do you know what questions to ask to get the answers you need? A Medical Advocate does. Jan knows the questions to ask to ensure you are receiving the most appropriate and best quality care possible.
Imagine ~ ~ ~
- Imagine being in a doctor visit and having someone with you who knows the right questions to ask. Imagine how much more relaxed and at ease you feel - knowing you have someone on your side who is looking out for your best interests.
- Imagine the relief of having someone who understands medicalese and who can translate it for you into regular English.
- Imagine the peace of mind you have knowing someone is on your side so you can make the best decisions for your own health care.
Medication related conditions are often overlooked because your provider doesn't know all the drugs you are taking and the other vitamins, remedies, and supplements you are also taking. Too often, the over-the-counter supplements you are on interfere with the medications prescribed by your doctor. Are you having reactions to some of these "interfering" issues? A Medical Advocate will make sure you have a complete list of everything you are taking so you can give that list to each of your healthcare providers. This is one important step to being healthy!
When you come out of the doctor's office, do you remember all the things you and your doctor discussed, and the advice he/she gave you? A Medical Advocate can be with you during the visit, to ask questions, take notes, and help you remember and understand what was said. If you are in another area, A Medical Advocate will work with you and your doctor to make sure you are getting the care and resources you need.
When your Overall Health Review is complete, you can share it with your various providers as well as your family! Think of how much more relaxed and at ease your family will feel. Perhaps they'll even stop nagging you!